Last Modified: November 7, 2017
Jonathan Stevens Mattress Company respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.jonathanstevens.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website, including, without limitation, information you provide through applications or other forms on this Website.
- In email, text, telephone, social media interaction, and other electronic communications between you and this Website.
- Through mobile applications you download from this Website, which may be available from time to time, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Use offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us (see Contact Information below).
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- That is about you, but individually, standing alone does not identify you, such as your birthday or favorite ice cream flavor; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website (i.e., IP address), and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us (e.g., through applications and forms);
- Automatically as you navigate through the site (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies); and
- From third parties; for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by completing applications and forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of completing forms, posting material, or requesting further information or services from us. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research or promotional purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We may share your personal information with members of the Company's family of businesses to provide you with products or services that you have requested, to provide you with marketing communications regarding products, services, surveys, and promotions and for any other purpose described in this policy. We may also share your personal information with service providers and other third parties that need access to your personal information to provide us with operational or other support services, such as payment processors, shipping agents, product fulfillment vendors and fraud prevention service providers, or for marketing research analytics. These third parties must agree to appropriate restrictions on the disclosure and use of your information. Unless otherwise disclosed to you, these third parties are prohibited from using your personal information for their own marketing purposes. We do not rent or sell your personal information to marketers outside the Company family of businesses, unless indicated in this policy or you otherwise authorize us to do so. We may also use your personal and non-personal information collected for the following purposes: 1) to fulfill your requests for products and services; 2) to provide you with targeted offers and advertising; 3) to contact you with information and promotional materials and offers from Company, as well as from our subsidiaries, affiliates, marketing partners, advertisers and other third parties; 4) to contact you if there is a problem with your order; 5) to ask you to review your in-store experience; 6) to review website usage and operations; 7) to conduct marketing research and/or analysis in order to optimize our search engine marketing strategies; and (8) to guard against fraud, we may on occasion, verify and/or supplement your personal information with information from third party sources.
In addition, we reserve the right to further use or disclose any information without notice or consent to the following entities for the following purposes: 1) to our employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultant, business associates, service providers and suppliers, if the disclosure will enable any of these entities to perform a business, professional or technical support function for us; 2) to our employees, independent contractors, service providers and suppliers, to fulfill a product or service request; 3) as necessary if we believe that there has been a violation of our rights or the rights of any third party; 4) to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law; and 5) to conduct investigations of consumer complaints or fraud.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may opt out of receiving future messages via the method provided with such communication.
We may also use third-party vendor automatic data collection technologies, through third-party vendors like Facebook and Google, for purposes of remarketing via advertisements. This means we have the ability to show ads to you on Facebook, or other websites across the Internet. As always, we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through Facebook, or any other third-party remarketing system.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use in connection with a contest or promotion, including without limitation emailing a friend, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page. You can also always opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver our advertisements, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website or social media. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Jonathan Stevens Mattress Company Exchange and Return Policy
Premium Mattress Sets
We believe that your premium mattress set from Jonathan Stevens Mattress Company is the best value in the mattress industry today. We back this up with our comfort guarantee which gives you the confidence to know that you will have the most comfortable mattress set available.
Industry research suggest that it can take up to 60 days for your body to become accustomed to a new supportive sleeping surface versus the old, worn-out product that your body tried to adjust to. Purchase any ComfortMaster, Regent or SensuRest series mattress and a new mattress protector at the same time and if you find that you didn’t select the correct most comfortable mattress for you the first time, we will work with you and exchange your mattress, one time, for a comfort level that is a better fit for you. There will be a $99 service fee charge for this service provided you have kept your first mattress for a minimum of 60 days. The service fee will be $199 if you wish to make the exchange before the first 60 days expire. These service fees are non-refundable. There are no comfort exchanges or refunds available on our ComfortRest Mattress Series or special sizes.
Should you not find a second model more comfortable, you can return the mattress set within 120 days and a refund will be issued less the restocking fee of 20% or $200, whichever is greater. Any mattress set which may be included in this offer and is found to be abused, misused or soiled in any way cannot be exchanged or returned. All shipping and/or transportation charges are the responsibility of the purchaser. Special sizes, special orders, adjustable power bases, adjustable mattresses, as-is items or items sold and noted on the invoice as a final sale are not covered by any comfort guarantee or refund offer. Refunds will be processed and mailed upon completion of the return of the merchandise from the main office located at 995 36th ST SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49508.
Mattress Protectors, Sheets & Frames
Mattress pads, mattress protectors, sheets and metal bed frames purchased from regular stock may be returned if they are in the original, unopened package. Any requests for return and refunds of these items must be made within 30 days of purchase. Refunds will be processed and mailed upon completion of the return of the merchandise from the main office located at 995 36th ST SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49508.
All pillow sales are final. There are no returns, exchanges, or refunds.
All Special-order sales are final. There are no cancellations, returns, exchanges or refunds.
Adjustable Bed Bases
All sales on adjustable power bases are final. There are no returns, exchanges or refunds.